It is unlikely we will be putting docks in May 9 and mid-summer is a more realistic goal.
Due to this uncertainty, invoicing will be delayed and membership dues will be payable June 1.
Fees will be reduced, but again, due to the uncertainty we don’t know by how much.
Members should also be aware that if we can’t put the Docks in this season, The Club would still incur fixed costs of $25,000 to $30,000. This amount assumes we do not hire staff and the maintenance of Hurry Inn and the Clubhouse is done by volunteers. The basic Membership Dues of $673 would cover these fixed costs, so that is something for Members to consider. Potentially there are other ways the Club could address this shortfall but these won’t be addressed unless it becomes obvious the season will be lost.
The Board has formed a Committee whose purpose is to advise the Board on the feasibility of Docks In and Operations for this year. They will be gathering more information from the Village of Seba Beach and County of Parkland. They will also strive to get additional details on recent Provincial and Federal Government regulations and how they specifically apply to EYC. The Committee will also be drawing on the expertise of our fellow Club Members in Government and Healthcare. The Committee consists of Don Simoneau and Terry Chugg. Comments can be emailed to Don at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we gather more information over the next several weeks we will provide updates through the Newsletter.
Our goal is to Enable the Members to enjoy the club for at least part of the summer – but only if it is safe and responsible to do so