We encourage you to wear 70's clothes. If your own closet, and drawers don't contain appropriate duds, try the Seba Beach Thrift Shop at the Seniors' Centre, older relatives, your local thrift shops or vintage clothing shops. Any effort here will be recognized. Remember, they are costumes rather than authentic period clothes. Google images will give you lots of ideas.
What is in place so far (activity goes rain or not):
- 3-5 Bocci, Croquet, soccer, other games people can bring; Puzzles and board games upstairs
- 5:30 Food and non-alcoholic drinks provided; Cash bar open
- 7-10 Piano stylings by Lounge Lizard Tom for listening and dancing
- 10 or so Bonfire and singalongs (weather dependent)
We will need a headcount to help us buy food & drink. Please email Marg & Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you think you will come! Or, call Marg, 780-434-4150. Remember to tell them how many in your party.
We need some volunteers. We will contact people from the RSVP list or by phone ahead of time. Terri & Marg are the new team of Volunteer Coordinators. For now, Terri will use the phone and Marg e-mail. We already have a barkeep, shopper for supper items, and set up crew. We will need:
- an inside coordinator and an outside one from 2:30 ish to 5 (2 members).
- someone to BBQ say 5:15 to 6:00 (1)
- a firebuilder/maintainer for 9:30 on (1).
- kitchen clean up crew around the meal (2)
- snacks layout, refills, etc; 8-10 intermittently (1 or 2)
- building tidy up late (2)
We have That 70's Show to play and some music. Please bring your 70's musical hits for throughout the day.
Should be fun. Families very welcome. Come for all or part of the time. Be there or be square. 😎